Herb Blurb

Recenty I have been buying fresh herbs from the supermarket and cooking really tangy dishes, and a thought occured to me why I was buying these rich, aromatic plants for around $15 every few weeks, when I could be growing them myself at home for a fraction of the cost. So I knew buying/assembling a box for the herbs would be an unlikely factor for me because I just didn't have the patience or time getting it together. Then I thought what would be easier to grow herbs in than a compost bag? So one afternoon I went to my local nursery and bought the right compost mix and some seedlings of basil, dill and mint and I set them in. That week we had done practical assessments at Uni on cuttings, so I added some rosemary cuttings aswell. Sure enough my little bunches of herbs grew and before I knew it, my mini herb garden was almost consumed entirely. The point of my herb experiment was to grow produce in a dead easy way. It also tought my family how to maintain growth of simple plants that didn't end up dead. And more importantly, even the laziest of us can have a herb patch! 
My basil grew particularly fast and I needed to repot it to avoid root damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment