My Garden

So this is my back garden. I love this section of it- it reminds me of an island, somewhere exotic like Hawaii or Fiji...the pool's calming blue water really soothes me, not only when I swim, but just looking at it. And of course the palms scream 'island', because nothing says tropical like they do. The entire back edge of the pool is surrounded by green- not exactly tropical plants, but somehow they look good together. The Yakka is actually a drought tolerant plant not commonly found in moist, lush habitats but it has some elements that kind of resemble a palm. The spreaded leaves, the big head of the tree sitting on the thin trunk, almost like a baby palm. This is probably my favourite part of my garden because the plants mimic the summerlike feel of the pool, which always puts me in a good mood. Not a lot of grass here, which I think is a good move by my parents...the sandstone totally completes the illusion of sand on an island or beach. But I do have to say that on the left side of the pool (photo below), sits a few Silverbirch trees. Now as much I love Silverbirches, I think they're much more a winter plant and contribute nothing to the 'island' feel of the garden except confusion. They would be suited in  another part of the landscape....say 500 km south to Tazzy!

2 comments:

  1. hey sarah! your backyard is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your backyard is amazing! it would be unreal to wake up and look at this each day - now i can see why your only ever at uni when you have to be!

    ReplyDelete